On today’s episode, we discuss a post from Chuck Lawless on gossip in the church and four ways to combat it in the church.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Gossip is a sly and sneaky sin that can destroy the unity of a church.
- Gossip points to self importance; ministry and service point to the importance of others.
- There is never a time when gossip helps or builds up.
- Once gossip is out about someone, it’s hard to correct it if it’s false.
- Gossip not only hurts the reputation of the subject, but of those who pass it on as well.
- If someone gossips about someone to you, they’d likely gossip about you to someone else.
- Gossip is a very evil and destructive force within the church.
- Churches should have an environment of trust that does not allow for gossip.
- Every church covenant should address gossip.